Steel Forks Pheasant

Reifer

Went there today for the first time. I was very impressed with their operation. They have ranges for pistols, riffles, big game processing, small game processing, camping, and birds at an awesome price. Don't be discouraged by the website. It's a first rate operation with enough space to not have to talk to another hunter if you don't want to.

Oh and all that is included in the cost of membership.

Joining Soon - Can't Wait

I agree. My wife, our new GSP and I drove out the other day and we were really impressed. We'll be joining as members within the next few weeks. The operation really looks nice and the number of birds they have is crazy. Rod and his son spoke with us and had answers for all of our questions. We felt welcome and can't wait to spend some time out there. If you compare them to others in the area as far as what you get for your money..no comparison. I caon't wait to take my 12 y/o out there and have some fun.
:10sign:

Scott

My buddy and I were thinking of joining up with them. Do they give a military rate/discount for military retirees? Is the website accurate on prices and such?

I would like to join up so that my 14yr old son and I can go out there whenever we want. I would also like to do some dog training with birds when possible. Do they have any water?

Thanks,
Greg

Re: Joining

Greg,

I would suggest you give Rod a call or better yet, take a ride out there. You'll be happy you did. They have a crazy amount of land you have access to and I'm almost positive Rod said that some of it has water. I'm taking some of the family out tomorrow to join and get some skeet practice before we do some birds. As far as a military discount goes, you'll have to ask Rod about that. However, if you check around you'll find that for the price of membership compared to others in the area. We all get a "discount". Most places give you time blocks when you schedule to hunt, at SF you have all day to hunt. You also have access to the property year around. Best of yet, your single membership includes your spouse and kids under 18. See ya there.

Scott

Scott,
Thanks for the info. I will give Rod a call and plan on going out there. What is it from the Springs, an hour, 45minutes? I know it is straight out Hwy 94. I have driven past there several times over the years.

Greg

From what I'm told it is a 45 min drive from the springs. Never been there myself but have friends that have hunted/trained out there.

I'm heading out there today with my 4 year old to shoot the new M&P and get him on his first bird. They have areas tha are set up for children to hunt with their parents. I'm in a unique position as active military and he has been accommodating. Give him a call. I promise you will like what you see when you get out there. They also have a Black Friday special for all members. They release black pheasants. The website is not very informative about all the options they offer. I love the scratch hunts and saw plenty of birds my last time out to pursue a scratch hunt today.

I agree. I have been a member for about 5 years now. They are great people. super friendly and just honest good people. I am always going out to train the dogs. The cover is amazing this year. Takes 45 minutes to get there from the springs. I really like the relaxed hunt at your pace atmosphere. I have take clients out there, wife, kids, friends they all enjoy it.

Reifer,
It was good to meet you, your boy and you dog the other day. How did the hunt go and how did the M&P do? Hope you guys had a great time.
Scott

We did great. Did a scratch hunt and he made it about a mile and had a blast. Did get anything but he had fun playing on the bales. Lol. Took my oldest boy out today and got three and thinking of taking them both tomorrow depending on the weather. It was rough out there today. It was nice to meet you and your family as well

Joined about a week ago. Went out yesterday for my first hunt and had a blast! Here is a pic of a big black bird that my dog pointed. He sailed about 150 yards before he realized he was dead. Jack made a great retrieve!

Nice video! and thanks for posting that up.

I am thinking about trying Steel Fork this year. Colorado Wingsport was a great place last year too, but have not been there this season.

If anyone would like to go out there and see the set up, just hit me up and we can go. I'm in a bad way right now without a dog and I honestly feel once you try it, you'll be hooked

I am heading out there on Wednesday and taking a friend. Can't wait to get on some birds.

Reifer - I'll let you know. I need to get my dog on as many birds as possible before the testing season. Maybe we can get together down there.

Back