Steel Fork Chukar

I was up at Julie Knutson place with the RMPLA folks this past Sunday training. Good day for it. I love the point on your girl!!

My yellow lab male, Remi, got his CPR last August in Cheyenne. He will be two yrs old the end of May. Myself and a buddy have looked at joining Steel Forks, especially for the training.

I have had labs since 1992, but mainly flushers. I got a pointing lab(Remi) in 2012 and started looking at the APLA stuff last year. I still like to do hunt tests and such in the off-season for a hobby and to keep the dog in shape for hunting season.

I realize it isn't for everyone, however there are some good people to hang out with and something to do besides honey do chores :rolleyes:

If you would have asked me say 10 years ago about a pointing lab I would have told you, whatever:p

Again, nice point, pretty yellow girl....I love yellow dogs;)

Greg

I was there as well, and had a great time. Perfect weather, friendly folks, and lots of great dogs. Looking forward to the next one.

I'm thinking about giving Julie my dog for a few months for obedience, force fetch, and de-chasing. The foundation work is just too important, and I have neither the time nor the skill to do it right.

:cheers:
Dave

Julie took my dog for 2 months and it was worth EVERY PENNY! She not only got the best out of my dog but taught me how to get the best out of him. If your on FB, check out her page "Training the Pointing Lab". She is chronicling the training of her new puppy. Great information. If I don't see you down at Steel Fork, I'll see you at training in 2 weeks.

Julie took my dog for 2 months and it was worth EVERY PENNY! She not only got the best out of my dog but taught me how to get the best out of him. If your on FB, check out her page "Training the Pointing Lab". She is chronicling the training of her new puppy. Great information. If I don't see you down at Steel Fork, I'll see you at training in 2 weeks.

I'll be hunting Steel Fork with a coworker on Saturday. Gotta keep that dog on birds...

I'm heading down on Monday. I think I am going to work the dog on some chukar in the morning and then get a few pheasants for the afternoon. I was REALLY happy how he worked on Sunday with the first set of marks but it gave me a few things I want to work on.

Back