Starting to get excited

For the 2014 season! I called two months in advance to book a room in our usual hole in the wall motel for MN opener. They were full! Damn duck hunters. Quick check across the border in SD and their rooms were full too. Damn duck hunters. Turns out we'll be hunting Marshall. Our SD hunt is planned for mid November and we're hitting Sand Pines preserve 9/13. Anyone else want to share their plans?

Got three trips planed for hunting back in Central ND. Heading out there oct 11th and again oct 31st. Then in late December for a fun winter hunt I just hope the roads are negotiable, been about 50/50 last 4 years on being able to get to some isolated spots.

Just took a nice day trip today all through the Lake Traverse area down to Browns Valley And that whole 50 mile stretch.:thumbsup: Beautiful country as always, and things looked just fine and dandy to me out there.

Headed up to Sand Pines Sunday. Anyone else going to the game farm to get some dog work in?

GF

Headed up to Sand Pines Sunday. Anyone else going to the game farm to get some dog work in?

I have been twice already. Gold Meadows and Ganz, up by my lake home. I'm leaving Sat. for SD to hunt Chickens...cant wait. Then it's home and back to the game farm until opener! It's coming fast.....:thumbsup:

Was at Sand Pines last Saturday TBear. Field 1 is almost all crops other than the grass where you park. Keith said he was going to cut some back this week though. The Sorgum was almost to thick to hunt. When you round the corner the corn went from the tree line all the way to the parking spot for field two. That being said--put out 12 birds-shot 21. Seen probably 8-10 more so a lot of scratch birds out there. Even had a three bird flush. Good luck!

Back