Started Dog

honkerdowner

Guys sent my lab to a buddy of mine to have some training done over the summer. He had the dog a few days on his ranch when his hired man ran him over and killed him. Kids and wife we sad but i just want to puke now just thinking about it and it was 3 months ago and still just sick about it. Never had such a feeling before. lost my 13 yr old lab 2 years ago and was with out until the wife got me this pup for Christmas last year. sorry to ramble on but thought maybe some of you would understand how i am feeling. On the bright side a friend of mine has a few dogs so at least i am still hunting just isn't the same glad he invites me to go along. If anyone knows of any started dogs that won't required a 2nd mortage let me know. not really sure where we will be at on budget just want to see whats out there.

Wow that is a sad thing to hear about for sure. Finding started dogs is tough, good luck hope things look up for you.

Did the trainer give you any money to offset the costs of losing the dog while on his property? Wow I am so sorry for your lose. Can't imagine what that phone conversation was like. I would start with that trainer and try to recoup some money then ask the trainers in your area for washed up field trial or hunt test dogs. they make great hunting dogs they just might be weak on marking or don't take pressure well, or some other small issue. They sometimes make the best pets and great hunting dogs. Call around to local trainers and ask.

Back