squirt bottles

Bob Peters

I have a browning bird'n lite vest and was wondering what the best size squirt bottles are for it. I like the ones with the nozzle that pushes in/out because the dog get less burpy/cough-ey with these versus a normal store bought bottle.

I like the bottles design for bicycling. They have the “grip ring” about two-thirds of the height of the bottle that allows riders to pull them out of the hold more easily during the ride. That constriction fits the drawstring on your vest to keep they bottle in the vest more snugly.

Even then, I have lost bottles in the field (unknowingly) after I found myself rolling around the field for various reasons :D

I buy the soft plastic water bottles Walmart sells in the exercise aisle for $1.79, I think they are 20 or so ounces each. They don't freeze up and two of them is enough water for 4 dogs over a couple hours. I just re-fill them from a 2.5 gallon jug back at the truck. They are plenty tough, don't leak, and if I lose one it's no big deal...

I buy the soft plastic water bottles Walmart sells in the exercise aisle for $1.79, I think they are 20 or so ounces each. They don't freeze up and two of them is enough water for 4 dogs over a couple hours. I just re-fill them from a 2.5 gallon jug back at the truck. They are plenty tough, don't leak, and if I lose one it's no big deal...

X2. I run 2 dogs at a time and one bottle is never enough especially if you like to get to those "back corners"of the property.

X3- I have a Bird-n-Lite and found water bottles at Walmart. Mine say "Made in USA" (yea) on the bottom and B-0149. They hold 32oz and have the one way squirt valve like on squeeze ketchup containers. You do not have to pull out the bite valve like on my bike bottles. Funny story-last year I lost one in the field-I guess I missed the pocket when I put it back in. This season I was walking through the same field, came to an open area and saw my bottle laying there. Alas, the UV did a number on it. I keep spares now.

Back