South Dakota GPS Maps

Deacon

Has anyone downloaded and used these?

Initially I thought wow! Well now when I look to load onto Magellan unit from the car, it only works on Triton units, which are units more for while in the field not in the car. :confused:

Anyone have a auto unit of any of the brands that the system works?

Did some reseach on the Garmin units, however auto units such as Street Pilot are discontinued. Would appreciate any help, would consider a new unit but would like one that works in the car as well as download SD hunting areas.

I downloaded them yesterday and am heading to SD Saturday. They look fine. Once I get out driving around the areas It will be easier to tell. The SD site say there are 5000 more acres of walk in areas on the downloads for gps then there is on the 2009 map.

Loaded this last night. Wow, now I just want to go drive around to see it work.

SDG&F really has their act together, can get the same thing on ND but it cost $80 from and independent map maker.

Has anyone downloaded and used these?

Initially I thought wow! Well now when I look to load onto Magellan unit from the car, it only works on Triton units, which are units more for while in the field not in the car. :confused:

Anyone have a auto unit of any of the brands that the system works?

Did some reseach on the Garmin units, however auto units such as Street Pilot are discontinued. Would appreciate any help, would consider a new unit but would like one that works in the car as well as download SD hunting areas.

We used a Garmin this weekend in the Clark area and it was fantastic! All of the public areas were clearly indicated on the map and it made finding places to hunt easy. We were hunting a combination of public and private land so we didn't totally rely on the maps but I can see where someone who had no trespass privileges would be much better off with the GPS than without it.

-dryden

Im not sure but I think they are talking about the ones you can download off of the S.D. DNR website.

Garmin Nuvi

I downloaded off SD's site for my Garmin Nuvi- Used it today hunting. Driving down the highway all sites were visible in the area. When I was scouting the other day prior to my download no side roads in the area were visible. Now they are! Printed out there instructions and followed them step by step.
Awesome!
RR

I downloaded them yesterday and am heading to SD Saturday. They look fine. Once I get out driving around the areas It will be easier to tell. The SD site say there are 5000 more acres of walk in areas on the downloads for gps then there is on the 2009 map.

The walk in areas updated on the website or just on the gps download? It would be nice to see if there were more walk ins around Sioux Falls.

Back