Sounds like rain is coming

remy3424

They are talking about rain coming in the amount of inches...plural! The beans are mostly done and the guys are getting a start in the corn. This will give them a short break. Sounds like today could be our last day with high temps in the 70s....things are changing for sure!! Had a bit of frost, but not a real "killing" freeze yet. What, just 17 days until the Iowa opener, even my young dog seems to know it is getting close! I am getting fired-up, anyone else?

An inch and a half and more is supposed to be coming...seem the weather forecaster got one right this time. Would have be to have received this in June or July. Farmers will get a week off now it seems. It will be nice to see water in the creeks in a short 3 weeks.

I hope it rains like heck the next few days, we could use every inch. Farmers way ahead of schedule as is, so a week or two delay shouldn't hurt anything from there standpoint. Selfishly, I always like to see more crops left standing the first week or two of the season, generally means less roosters killed opening weekend when everyone else is out hunting - and more left for later in the season, especially on public.

If there was an orange army in Iowa, it would be limited to the first couple weekends. I just don't see many (or hear many) other hunters in the recent years....but I am nowhere close to any public ground. More rain during the night.

The yesterday gauge had 2.7" from the 2 day event. Very nice rain, just hope it isn't the last until the ground freezes.

Back