Sooo

wisturkeyhunter

Who is carrying a concealed handgun now?

How about when you bird hunt?

I've been carrying my .45 xdm most the time since I recieved my license 11/4. I sometimes carry it bird hunting. I don't notice the extra weight much nor the bulk.

I have my CHL and carry at times. Do not carry in the field.

Got my license, but have not carried yet. Spend too much time south of the state line and since not allowed in IL, not worth the hassle. Trips north I will have the Glock 45 and will carry it in the field.

Always had a permit/permits since '69. 'Nuff said. Had to pull once; defused the situation with no casualties (if you don't count the perp's soiled shorts & "little-girl-like screaming & blubbering."). "Having a gun and not needing one beats needing one and not having one . . ." ) and hands-down, EVERY TIME!. The only person who schedules acts of aggression is the azzhat intending you harm. I also practice religiously . . . both drawing & shooting . . . if you can't use it/aren't proficient, don't carry it until you are. I may again be a potential "victim" someday, but I will NEVER be a "defenseless victim." I carry various insurance policies, spare tires, tools too, even tho I've rarely had cause to use them.

Congrats WI on finally being liberated! I risked my life every day when I traveled through the 'hood in MKE to get to work. Then risked my job and freedom for being forced to break that stupid law every day.I figured I'd rather live to tell it to the judge.

Rancho - I feel for you having had worked in MKE. I dread havingto drive through there. My mom was born and raised there. The old neighborhood that was German/Polish, is now not safe for white people to visit. But Wausau is now getting bad enough, too. Maybe I'll retire to SD!

I've applied for my permit and will carry when traveling the state. Also when north at our place. I had a run-in with a Chicago kid just out of drug rehab a few years ago, and there being two of them and one of me, it could have gone bad. You never know where there's going to be trouble these days.

What kinds of reactions have you guys received from other people? Our GM at work, a farm-raised kid as conservative as can be, is really worried I'm going to carry at the office. He thinks there are a lot of "yahoos" out there who will shoot people up if they are allowed to carry. I ask him if he thinks I'm a yahoo and also explain that yahoos don't apply for permits before they go out causing trouble.

I carry everywhere except not always when bird hunting or coyote hunting. I open carried before concealed was the law. Never had a negative experience. One older guy (I'm in my early 20's) told me it was nice to see a real american when he seen me open carrying fishing at a park here in Janesville he was stoked to see it. I carry concealed now with the colder weather but will probably have it open in the summer since my only pistol is a full size .45.

It's a good thing for me for sure. I haven't even been into a bar since I got my license.

Back