Sold Reloads?? Should I say something?

Still haven’t heard from the store I made the purchase from.

Remy, numbers on case box match numbers on boxes individually. Box was glued shut not taped. Looking more like I will have to contact Winchester?

If you look at the 2nd to last picture you can see a shell still in a box not crimped down. The more I look through the boxes this is abysmal. Have shot Winchester a long time but will probably not be buying product from them anytime soon.

Attachments

• 18A6028D-178D-42B0-A9F7-2FAEFE0277CC.jpeg
    18A6028D-178D-42B0-A9F7-2FAEFE0277CC.jpeg
    462.5 KB · Views: 10
  • DB9F3FA7-A408-4725-AAEB-C8710C870A3B.jpeg
    DB9F3FA7-A408-4725-AAEB-C8710C870A3B.jpeg
    440.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 2171B8FD-3505-4CD5-8629-D5E4B46A123D.jpeg
    2171B8FD-3505-4CD5-8629-D5E4B46A123D.jpeg
    414.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 12961DB0-65F7-43F4-BAA3-7B096A8900E5.jpeg
    12961DB0-65F7-43F4-BAA3-7B096A8900E5.jpeg
    398.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 8552FF35-FAA9-4369-B8FE-04E1CA7FBCA6.jpeg
    8552FF35-FAA9-4369-B8FE-04E1CA7FBCA6.jpeg
    431.6 KB · Views: 13
Still haven’t heard from the store I made the purchase from.

Remy, numbers on case box match numbers on boxes individually. Box was glued shut not taped. Looking more like I will have to contact Winchester?

If you look at the 2nd to last picture you can see a shell still in a box not crimped down. The more I look through the boxes this is abysmal. Have shot Winchester a long time but will probably not be buying product from them anytime soon.
If I missed it above, I'm sorry...but could you identify the vendor you purchased these from. Depending on your outcome they'll certainly not make my "do not buy from" list.

If I missed it above, I'm sorry...but could you identify the vendor you purchased these from. Depending on your outcome they'll certainly not make my "do not buy from" list.
Store that I purchased from is call "Mack's Prairie Wings" will give them till tomorrow morning, if I don't hear back I will call the store directly.

MPW is a good company to deal with and I have purchased numerous quality items from them. Some low life did a switcharoo on those shells, exchanging reloads for new shells. I wish you would have noticed this event earlier. Good luck

MPW is a good company to deal with and I have purchased numerous quality items from them. Some low life did a switcharoo on those shells, exchanging reloads for new shells. I wish you would have noticed this event earlier. Good luck
Me too, should've checked them sooner. Got unlucky that the first box was fine.

It seems like a stretch that some one would go to the effort to swap shells out with reloads, repackage them so well and then try to return them. Will ANY retailer let you return ammo?? This might be a Winchester call. IF someone switched them out, they would have switched all of them...I just doubt that is what happened, If Winchester got them back, they could maybe tell it they were loaded by them (the powder type & amount, the wad and the shot....if that is all their components, how in the heck did fired hulls make it into the production line? Fired hulls in the assembly-line would not load like unfired hulls, they wouldn't get sized, but would need to be. I would be tempted to buy a fresh box (if they still make those and you can find them) and open one shell up along with one of the OBVIOUSLY reloaded shells and see if you can tell just by looking and and weighting the components to see it they look like known factory shells. If it is a different powder, wad or if the shot isn't 5s or looks different, you will have a bit more to tell Winchester, keep all the boxes, the case and you can likely find the emailed invoice (if you don't regularly clean-out your in-box) from PMW. This really sucks for you. The primer (color of the battery cup and primer cup) might be a dead give-away that they are not factory loaded. Good luck on this.

yep...made a lot of purchases from Mack's over the years. This isn't their usual M.O.

It seems like a stretch that some one would go to the effort to swap shells out with reloads, repackage them so well and then try to return them. Will ANY retailer let you return ammo?? This might be a Winchester call. IF someone switched them out, they would have switched all of them...I just doubt that is what happened, If Winchester got them back, they could maybe tell it they were loaded by them (the powder type & amount, the wad and the shot....if that is all their components, how in the heck did fired hulls make it into the production line? Fired hulls in the assembly-line would not load like unfired hulls, they wouldn't get sized, but would need to be. I would be tempted to buy a fresh box (if they still make those and you can find them) and open one shell up along with one of the OBVIOUSLY reloaded shells and see if you can tell just by looking and and weighting the components to see it they look like known factory shells. If it is a different powder, wad or if the shot isn't 5s or looks different, you will have a bit more to tell Winchester, keep all the boxes, the case and you can likely find the emailed invoice (if you don't regularly clean-out your in-box) from PMW. This really sucks for you. The primer (color of the battery cup and primer cup) might be a dead give-away that they are not factory loaded. Good luck on this.
This is a real head scratcher. Maybe some disgruntled employee at the factory threw in some spent shells? Just curious Chirocat, was it just one box that had some in it? Could a buddy be pranking you?

i agree with previous posters, have bought from MPW in past and have had nothing but good things from them at usually cheaper costs. Why I didn’t initially name them.

All boxes aside from the first one had issues. Only thing out of the first box I noticed was having a hard time fitting some into the barrel and there was some crimps that were crimped down but tent out. Like there was too much powder/shot in the shell.

No prank unfortunately, just a weird situation. Will have to make a trip to the store and buy a box, have a hunt next weekend in Midwest KS. 😬

All things aside, like mentioned in earlier post Crappy deal with the reloads but in hindsight I should’ve checked them and will from now on. Will get ahold of Winchester as well.

(Would be interesting to buy another case and compare but don’t want to spend $$ on an experiment)

Back