So...what happened?

...to the thread asking about loss of walk in program acres to fee for hunting operations? Seemed pretty benign to me, but it disappeared completely.

Is this site controlled by fee for hunting operations?

...to the thread asking about loss of walk in program acres to fee for hunting operations? Seemed pretty benign to me, but it disappeared completely.

Is this site controlled by fee for hunting operations?

No but it does not tolerate bashing pay hunt operations or others freedoms. There is a public hunting system and a prvate hunting system in every state. Deal with it. Everything is pay hunting. You buy a license, you pay to hunt. Your license $ gives you the access you paid for.

Unfortunately Landman that attitude will lead us all to ruin. Hunting access for the average non-wealthy person is one of the biggest factors in decline of hunters right now. Fewer hunters, less support for hunting and habitat programs.

But again, the thread was pretty benign. Simple question. No explanation as to why it disapearred can't help but leave one to speculate and that isn't necessarily a good thing.

Unfortunately Landman that attitude will lead us all to ruin. Hunting access for the average non-wealthy person is one of the biggest factors in decline of hunters right now. Fewer hunters, less support for hunting and habitat programs.

But again, the thread was pretty benign. Simple question. No explanation as to why it disapearred can't help but leave one to speculate and that isn't necessarily a good thing.

TM, we have 400 pay hunters in our system this year creating excellent habitat on over 15,000 acres in the state of South Dakota. Landowners are motivated to re-enroll expiring CRP, sign up new acres on CP-38 CRP, and also enroll new acres in CP-37 as well as convert cow pasture to pheasant nesting and hunting.

I make no apologies for this.

Maybe I should post a thread similar to yours with the title "Public Hunting is consuming all the pay hunting land, what do you think?". On second thought, I don't think I will.

Back