So its -35 C.

PHEZZYBOY FROID

and I am still seeing Phez running all over the place.
On the way to work, On the way home, as I am going for groceries.

Tough, tough birds. Wish I could set up a feeding station for them.
Even saw one old warrior, feathers all puff up in the cold.......poor guy lost his entire tail.

Hope they make it through this extended cold snap.

Saskatchewan, late January, wind howling outside....does it get any better..... :eek: YES, YES, it could

Is that like about -30 F, I know C and F meets at -40.:eek:
Cold here to hasn't been above zero F since Sat. :eek:

Well, fast forward 11 months and it's danged cold AGAIN!!:eek:
However, supposed to warm up on the weekend to above freezing so I may take Louie out for some ruffed grouse - to far north for a one day pheasant hunt.
Likely however, I'll try and fill another deer tag.:D
DT

Even saw one old warrior, feathers all puff up in the cold.......poor guy lost his entire tail.

Saskatchewan, late January, wind howling outside....does it get any better..... :eek: YES, YES, it could

You guys have wild pheasant in Saskatchewan? How wide spread are they up there?

Nick

I'm waiting for the snow in Minnesota. Can we borrow some of yours (I'm assuming you have some)? Of course wouldn't you know it, I finally bought a snowmobile this year and it hasn't snowed yet (besides a trace).

Of course wouldn't you know it, I finally bought a snowmobile this year and it hasn't snowed yet (besides a trace).

It's still early Ryan! Besides, let's hope there's not too much snow this winter. For the birds you know:D

Nick

yup. we have wild pheasant in Saskatchewan. About 100 km north of the American border is their northern limit. Seems too get too cold any where north of that. Times are pretty bad right now, last years winter was brutal and there are only a few hunt worthy pockets. The season is only for provincial residents and we have a 2 bird limit now.

Back