Snow sounds great until it happens...

TimJ

IMG_20161120_163447_889_zpsrg87ew0m.jpg

While it's not as bad as the first snow last year it isn't far behind.
I got my limit in around an hour this afternoon (I was not alone so the reason for 4 birds) but I must say it is not as much fun to me as last week walking through grass. I can't be the only one who dreams of easy to walk snow free grassy fields instead of drifted in cattails? I think I inhaled enough cattail fluff to fill a pillow.
I feel sorry for people who can't shoot roosters in nice weather and need this to level the playing field. (that's mostly tongue in check) ;)

Maybe I'm just getting old at 46. But if I have to and the snow sticks around I'll more then likely be back out in it in a few days. Can't let those roosters think they've won. :)

Tim

My most memorable hunts have been in late season when there hasn't been anyone tough enough to bother them for weeks and a stout lab is the only way to get them up and in the bag.

Walking deer trails and keeping an eye on the moving cattails so as to not get ahead of the dog is as good as it gets for me. Two guys and a dog is perfect, any more and it's too much.

Back