Smoke from Canada

AKSkeeter

MT has had a week of smoke from Canada.
Looks like my drive from MT to AK on the Alcan will be a smoky one,
and they diverted the Alcan highway.
The forecast does not look good in terms of wildfires.
JuneForecast.png

Yep, its been around here for days too. We even had a decent rain and when it was over I thought there was fog, but it turned out to be smoke.

Yep, its been around here for days too. We even had a decent rain and when it was over I thought there was fog, but it turned out to be smoke.
Where are you located? Smoke down here in the Mission Valley south of Flathead Lake but not real bad in terms of air quality.
Smoke was terrible last year for a few weeks in interior Alaska.

Where are you located? Smoke down here in the Mission Valley south of Flathead Lake but not real bad in terms of air quality.
Smoke was terrible last year for a few weeks in interior Alaska.
I'm in central MN. The air quality has fluctuated from the yellow criteria to the orange for most of the past 10 days here. Yellow is poor for sensitive people with breathing issues, and orange is moderately poor for everyone.

53f243-20230522-smoke-map-1019.png

No smoke on the Kenai yet, heck I still have some snow on my lawn. We’ve had some small fires locally, no rain to speak of and its been very windy have a safe drive.

Thinking of doing the agility trial at the FBKS fair grounds over the 4th. Look me up if you get a chance.
We have a retriever field trial the weekend after July 4th.
Tom Lamal and Gwen Hayes run goldens in the field trial.
Kate Lamal runs goldens in agility as does Janet Brown (both from Fairbanks)

Looks like some active wildfires close the the route I am taking north from Montana:
First night Wildwood Alberta:
Wildwood_fires.png
Second day, south of Valleyview, Alberta
Valleyview.png

Third day, north of Charlie Lake, British Columbia
CharlieLake.png

Back