Small Munsterlander Breeder

Labchaser

Interested in getting a Small Munsterlander. Would like to train it to track deer as well as upland/doves/ducks. Looks like there is a couple of different groups??? Maybe more of a North American group and then another that follows German standards??? Anyone know of a good kennel/contact? Thanks!

Stick with the Small Munsterlander Club of North America. There is a more German standard club getting going here in the US, but from conversations I've had with a few of those breeders and with the SMCNA folks, it sounds like they are a pain to work with.

A shameless self plug, but for what it's worth, I myself may have a litter available in about 6 months. PM me if interested at all or wanting to know about a few other breeders I've had good experiences with.

Thanks, I have reached out to a couple of breeders in the German “club” and they seemed very nice. 3rd on the list for a male for a breeding that’s going to take place any time now. Guess I’ll be looking again if she doesn’t have 3 boys. This North American/German deal has given me a headache! Hope I’m doing the right thing.

You got lucky. Sometimes breeders will be booked up months in advance for pups.

I think no matter which club you're going with, the dogs are going to be good as long as the pairing is good. The main difference between the clubs is just which standards to adopt, more of the NAVHDA style or the European VJP/JGV style.

Out of curiosity, what breeder did you end up going with?

Back