Silver Springs

Remington44

I got lucky and drew a few pheasant permits this year, and I had a few questions if anyone could help me out. My main question is does anyone know when and where they release the birds? Is it right before the hunt starts? And also do they release the birds all in one place, or do they release all the birds in different fields.

Seems like everyone rushes to hit the fields right away. You'll hear some early shooting. The bird will scatter after the first 20-30 minutes. Its an easy place to hunt and you'll enjoy yourself.
Good hunting!

Ok thank you! yeah im hoping it goes good. The only thing is I might not be able to have a dog for the hunts. Any advice if I dont have a dog?

That's a nice area. They have some very nice fields. I think you'll enjoy the hunt.

As far as the dog goes, can you bring a guest with a dog? I had a guy call last week with a Green river permit. He said he can bring a guest. It may be the same for Silver Springs. Maybe not:confused:

If so, just post the info and someone with a dog will respond. If no one responds let me know. I know of a gentlemen who lives next to Silver Springs and has a pointer of some sort. He's a good guy and would be happy to attend.

Nick

Yeah there is a certain amount of guests you can bring with, I'm hoping a guy I know with a dog can go with, but he's not for sure yet. I know its obviously harder to hunt with out a dog, and i've heard its even harder to hunt pen raised birds with out a dog.

I hunt SS 10-15 times a year. Nice Place. Early season is very very tough even with a dog as cover can be head high and too hard to trudge through. I would walk the "tree lines" and kick in the bushes if dogless.
There is usually a 12:00pm afternoon hunt as well and more birds are released in the "A" field. I have a 3 year old small Munsterlander and would be happy to go with you if you have no dog. Week days are generally better for me. PM me if interested.
Thanks,
Bob

Early in the season go one spot down from check in. That is the best spot early on until people knock down the brush. Work the crop rows and brush on the edges and you will be fine. It can get crowded that's for sure though. I hav never not limited out there with my dog. One of my favorite places to go.

Guests at silver springs

Silver springs pheasant operations are run by t miller inc. I doubt very much that you can bring a guest. That person more than likely will need a permit due to the liability.
Nevertheless you'll have a fun

Early in the season go one spot down from check in. That is the best spot early on until people knock down the brush. Work the crop rows and brush on the edges and you will be fine. It can get crowded that's for sure though. I hav never not limited out there with my dog. One of my favorite places to go.

The check in is over where they trap shoot right? So they don't assign you a spot you can just choose where you want?

Get there early and grab a number hanging by the door. Once you can go in and check in they will ask you what area you want to hunt. You get to choose areas depending on if its open or not. Sorry I can't remember the areas off the top of my head. Hope that helps.

Ok thanks! Yeah I've found a map before that lists the areas so I will check it out and look for the one close to the check out. Thanks again!

Ive hunted SS a few times, USUALLY limit out...one time limited out in 35 minutes, dog was pissed, she wanted to keep hunting

Back