Sharptail Hunt

We rode through that area the beginning of august. Grass was green but I’ve seen it look better over the years. The area around and especially south of North Platte looked really good. Other parts of the Sandhills looked average to me.

We rode through that area the beginning of august. Grass was green but I’ve seen it look better over the years. The area around and especially south of North Platte looked really good. Other parts of the Sandhills looked average to me.
Thanks for the info. We will prob just stay on the wind protected sides of hills and put in some miles.

I don't think there are any or many sharpies south of North Platte, good for chickens though!

Sandhills Corral in Thedford is a really good place to eat if you make it to the southern side of the refuge. It’s right next to a motel that used to be dog friendly. I haven’t stayed there for a few years though.

Things I’m learning about Valentine National….. boots are a must (thank god I bought some) and the terrain is brutal (good thing I started trying to get myself in decent shape) 1st day was a shit show but learned a lot. Today we smoked two birds. Had a group of 12 get up. Hit the field right at daylight and they were in the low flat areas not on the hills so caught us by surprise. Got one more day left. Hopefully snag a couple more.

Back