Sharpies or huns

Hey fellas-
I've hunted central WY for alot of years now and looking to branch out- any suggestions for sharptails or partridge in the state?

Hey fellas-
I've hunted central WY for alot of years now and looking to branch out- any suggestions for sharptails or partridge in the state?

Bd, You can find both in the North eastern part of the state of Wyoming. Johnson county has both sharp's and huns. The eastern part of wyoming from Cheyenne to the black Hills may also have them. I'd go to Wyoming game and fish. gov and look In to this matter. The advice I give Is a little dated. Meaning it's been a number of years since I hunted those birds in that state. Hope this helps.:)

Been a long time since I hunted that area, but JMAC hit it right on the nose in my experience. Huns, Johnson County south of Sheridan, there will be sharptails as well. Very dependent upon range conditions for prospects of finding any great numbers, and access depends on private landowners for the most part. I have shot both also around Lusk, and Sundance, as well, many moons ago! But I'd sure like to try again!

Back