Shaking my head here...

COWAN

Ever wonder what is going thru the minds of the UDWR? They call this habitat management? Graze it to death. This used to produce a ton of pheasants....not anymore.

Attachments

• 20201213_094740.jpg
    20201213_094740.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
  • 20201213_090217.jpg
    20201213_090217.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 16
Here in Iowa, with the drought we had, there was "emergency authorized grazing and baling" allowed this fall on some if not most CRP. Locally, maybe close to 50 percent has been grazed or baled. Not sure what the deal is in your area...could be the land is no longer enrolled in a program? Is the ground public or private ground? It stinks when landowners, which allow you to hunt their property, choose to graze or bale...it amounts to income to their bottomline, so I completely understand that decision.

Here in Iowa, with the drought we had, there was "emergency authorized grazing and baling" allowed this fall on some if not most CRP. Locally, maybe close to 50 percent has been grazed or baled. Not sure what the deal is in your area...could be the land is no longer enrolled in a program? Is the ground public or private ground? It stinks when landowners, which allow you to hunt their property, choose to graze or bale...it amounts to income to their bottomline, so I completely understand that decision.
Totally different story here. The guy that has cows on state owned ground has tons of his own ground. No emergency here, we don't have that program here.

Back