Seeking lodging, tips, news, Mobridge area

StubbleBum

Howdy! I am considering my first trip to SDak for some pheasant hunting. I thought I would go somewhere around Mobridge. Probably just me and a couple dogs. Looking for lodging, eats, around Mobridge, but would be quite happy in some other small town, say Hoven, Gettysburg, Selby, etc. Any tips on motels and cafes?

I plan on hunting public land, maybe knocking on doors, and perhaps some road hunting. Any reports or tips on hunting this area? I would consider other areas as well, but I am coming from Montana and don't want to go too far east if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance, this is a great site, lots of experts and great information here!:cheers:

We stayed in a Motel in Selby, I think it was a Motel 8 at one time. Very clean, nice people. Cloverleaf cafe had good food and had a nice bar.
Peter

Mother-in-law lives in Mobridge and have scouted the area the past three winters, but not hunted. Understand the bird count is down in the area. There is a DNR building in Mobridge and they can offer some info..I found areas close to the Mo. river held birds - this is Corps of Engineer land and hard to get to. Not sure about public areas to hunt, but the free guide book should reveal these areas - believe there are several east of Mobridge.

Last winter the birds were so thick they appeared right on the edge of downtown, in some of the parks and open spaces!

Good luck.

PS: There are a couple of motels right in Mobridge...

jon

Back