Se sd lodging/camping

Jet

I’m planning on making a trip next week to sd with my pups. While I’m not tied to an area and will move locations if we can’t locate any birds I’m hoping to stay in the se part of the state, say south of 90 and east of the river. My question is does anyone have lodging recommendations, must allow pets, or camping locations as I’ll probably try and pitch a tent for a couple nights if I can find a spot? This will be my 1st time in sd so any ideas are appreciated.

I don’t hunt SE part of the state much but from my experience you can usually find a cheap motel for $55 a night. Last year I stayed in Mitchell and talked to a guy in parking lot that told me they did well hunting somewhere between Yankton and Mitchell. They drove quite a distance from the south somewhere and liked to hunt out there somewhere because it was the first spot in SD they came to then worked their way to Mitchell Huron and back home. Be sure to check out SD public hunting atlas too.

Reactions: Jet
I’m planning on making a trip next week to sd with my pups. While I’m not tied to an area and will move locations if we can’t locate any birds I’m hoping to stay in the se part of the state, say south of 90 and east of the river. My question is does anyone have lodging recommendations, must allow pets, or camping locations as I’ll probably try and pitch a tent for a couple nights if I can find a spot? This will be my 1st time in sd so any ideas are appreciated.
I camped at the Dude Ranch in Oacoma. That was free! The Thunderbird Lodge in Mitchell was extremely dog friendly, hunter friendly, and reasonably priced.

Thunderbird Lodge changed ownership lst Dec. Be sure to check rates this year as well as extra charges per dog

Reactions: Jet
Thanks gentlemen.
I drove up yesterday. Ended up at motel 6 in Mitchell. I’ll find somewhere today to pitch my tent for a couple nights.

Back