SD here I come

Birddog23

Always awesome to get back to SD where I spent half of my life. Probably end up moving back there in a few years.
Looking forward to the pheasant opener this weekend, seeing friends & family, and watching my 7 year old Black Lab work the fields.
I absolutely love the morning sunrises with coffee in hand, and listening to roosters cackle in the distance.

I have 3 trips planned to SD, mostly private but will hunt some public.

I'll be going for Pheasant Opener this weekend, then my longer hunt will be the following weekend where I'll hunt 4 full days. Different Properties.
Then I'll go back for a late season hunt in probably December or January.

Good Luck to you all and take care of them dogs!

I fly out Friday morning from TN. Counting down the hours at this point. This will be my 14th year. I enjoy meeting up with family and hunting buddies. Looks like weather should be good for the opener other than there might be a few muddy roads and fields. Good luck to everyone headed out.

was debating, but decided to go anyway, my gwp didn't want to wait for the Iowa opener.
sounds like mud, mud and mud. temps in the 60's, not the best but typical opener weather.
hope to bang a few over the first 5 days. good luck to all.

You can expect 80 percent of the beans to be harvested and a little more corn harvested then average. Corn is ready to be harvested the farmers would have more done but we have gotten rain on Sunday and again today which slowed corn harvest down. Field edges will remain good hunting spots and standing corn. Wish you the best of luck!

Good luck guys! Would love to hear how you do and what conditions are like after sitting and speculating for the past 4 months. I'm heading down on the 23rd for the first run with a new pup!

Back