SD Bird numbers....

I just returned from a long weekend doing last minute fixes on the house for the pheasant opener. And in between that work I had to hand deliver a puppy to my friend SD Jim. He has eagerly been awaiting the arrival of his new little girl who is an exceptional setter puppy. I think they are both going to learn from each other as the season goes on. This was the highlight of the whole trip this past weekend. Just the expression/interaction the new owners exhibit can be rewarding.

I did however make sure I had time to do a little pheasant recon over the four days we were there. We covered a lot of ground and put some miles on. All I will say at this point is WOW! We ran into many broods of up and coming pheasants. We seen what looks like three different hatches of young birds. Right down to chicks that were no bigger than quail and had just learned to fly the way it looks. I haven't seen numbers like this over the last 5-6 years while being out over Labor Day.

I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised come opener. The only thing that could hamper this a little is the corn jungle. The corn crop this year is absolutely amazing I swear some of the corm is 10' tall.

Good luck to all and have a safe season.

Great update. Thank you. God willing everything works out, I'm looking forward to another wonderful season out there. Can't wait:thumbsup:

Good luck and a safe season to you too:cheers:

Nick

Back