Scope

Shoot open sights like real men. I really have no idea never done it. Some have old me for deer drives you might as well shoot open for quicker target acquisition.

I like a low power variable so it has a wild field of view on the lowest power. Leupold makes some good choices. It does depend some on where you will be hunting and how. If there is little to no chance of long open shots then open sights might be best option or a fixed 1.5 or 2 power if you prefer reticles. Around here there is the chance for longer shots and thus the reson for a varibale for me. Where I used to hunt was mostly short range shooting so I used a 1.75x Redfield as I was never good with open sights. Try a few different set ups and see what "fits" you.

Matt D

I agree with MattD, you want a low power scope for a shotgun with a wide field of view. I see Leupold makes a variable in a 1-4 or 2-7 power. Depending on your shots, I would lean towards the 1-4. 4 power would certainly be all you would need for any slug distance and yet at 1x your are getting a full field of view.

Back