Saturday in the bird fields

springerjohn

Ended the day with 5 birds, missed more than I can remember. Great weather, great dog work.
IMG_0318.jpg

Looks like you enjoyed yourself. I'm looking forward to getting back out with the dogs myself. I have four days of hunting planned before the end of the month. I was able to run the dogs a little today and found some birds.

Where were you hunting at?

5 birds, 2 smiling faces, a pair of double guns, and a pair of obviously proficient & happy dogs . . . looks like the recipe for a grand day to me!

How long does it take you to get there? Were you hunting scratch birds or did you have some put out for you? I'm always keeping an eye out for other places to check out.

Way to go John! I've got to get this deer hunting thing out of the way, then go back to the birds, Dugan doesn't understand when we have to leave him behind.
Twice while cutting across my neighbors field to get to my deer stand I've flushed a pheasant out of the same spot in the still dark morning, a little unnerving! LOL.
Do you hunt late grouse!

Dan

John,

I believe there are some naturally reproducing birds in that area you were hunting.Without giving any locations away, do the proprietors of the hunt club mention anything about wild birds in the area?

Back