Salute

birdman652001

I want to take a moment of silence when you read this thread and put in a prayer for this officer's family.

Tribal police officer Merrill Bruguier for the Cheyenne River Indian Reservation in South Dakota who was reported killed in the line of duty 10-9-2010. 14 year veteran. Salute...

I had a chance to meet this officer during a Pow Wow event in Mission, SD when he assisted us with extra bodies to help out. from what I remember, nice officer and well respected.

Blue_Line.jpg

http://www.odmp.org/officer/20545-police-officer-merrill-bruguier

Last edited:
Thanks, for an officer I've only met once, makes you wonder that it does really happen. you think it only happens in movies and such but when you're next to someone, then they're passed away from the line of duty, makes you wonder about alot of things. This is marked the first time an officer I've actually met in person die in the line of duty when I was a Law Enforcement Officer.

Its a thin blue line that we walk its never easy to know another officer that has fallen. That brings to the forefront of our minds the thoughts Cops never want to think about "that could have been me"

Saluted and remembered

Back