sage grouse draw?

Sg, I just got an email back from the guy who handles the applications. 235 applications last year for the south mono zone. The odds of being drawn aren't to bad.:thumbsup:

Ya, thats not to bad, I would have thought a lot more app's were put in...good info QH, thanks for doing the digging!..:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Qh and sooty,

Old and New Is right on this. If you want a bird to mount shoot the big one. But if you want to eat them, Shoot the young/Little ones. Big ones can be pressure cooked and edible, bearely. Hope you guys get drawn and tear it up.:)

Thanks Jmac, I have a good feeling about it and if I get a permit I should be able get my 10# rooster. Now I just have to figure out what 1pheas4 will charge for a mount, I hope he doesn't charge per pound.:D

Thanks Jmac, I have a good feeling about it and if I get a permit I should be able get my 10# rooster. Now I just have to figure out what 1pheas4 will charge for a mount, I hope he doesn't charge per pound.:D

yea, you will not have a problem knocking them down, they fly so slow, you can almost load your gun at empty and still have a shot in range. If you miss watch where they land and they will be right there. Not the smartest bird out there. They don't run very fast. But finding them can be a problem. Best of luck Gentleman.:)

QH, that south mono area is a beautiful place to hunt and camp, been there, and bet theres some good fishing as well...bring your trout rod and fly pole too!!!

It is beautiful on that side of the mountain, feels more like Wyoming or Colorado. I will definitely take my fishing rod, Crowley lake has some nice trout.

Back