Rush County report

Brody's dad

Hunted Rush county walk-in on the 26th and 27th. Friday it was 70 degrees and windy. We bagged 4 roosters and missed about that many. Saw a lot of hens. Saturday was 25 with lite snow and more wind. We ended up getting 2 more roosters and probably missed about 5 or 6. The birds were flushing pretty wild and all the wind made for a tuff hunt.

Thanks for taking the time to post a report.

Congrats on getting some birds.

Did you find the roosters in crop or grass? Did you see any chickens?

Cheers.
Ron

Hunted Rush county walk-in on the 26th and 27th. Friday it was 70 degrees and windy. We bagged 4 roosters and missed about that many. Saw a lot of hens. Saturday was 25 with lite snow and more wind. We ended up getting 2 more roosters and probably missed about 5 or 6. The birds were flushing pretty wild and all the wind made for a tuff hunt.

Shawn,

Sounds like a pretty good 2 day hunt, all things considered.
Did you see many/any hunters afield?

Lefty

I hunted Pawnee county the 27th and a half day the 28th. Didn't shoot a lot of pheasants, but saw some in every place we hunted. The temps Saturday were reasonable. We started in WIHA CRP and harvested a rooster about 50 yards into the field. Shot a few more roosters and saw 3 coveys of quail. Didn't kill any quail because they were lucky enough to fly onto to some land we didn't have permission to hunt. I saw hunters in nearly every WIHA field I drove by. We still managed to come across about 50+ pheasants in one of the WIHA CRP fields despite the pressure. If it had been colder or snowing I'm sure we'd done better. During the time that there were flakes falling Saturday we harvested our birds.

Last edited:
Back