Ruff Tough Kennels

I purchased the Intermediate size for my 4yo GSP this past season and it's a great kennel! I will buy another for my pup soon. It killed me to spend that much on a kennel, but it's worth it for how I'm using it.

Lightweight, strong and should last for years

I've got 2 intermediate size for my GSPs.
One of the nice things for me is that without the flange on conventional crates that fasten the 2 halves together, my Tacoma is wide enough to get the 2 side by side

No, I have an access cab. I put the crates in the back under a camper shell.

Also put Mud River Insulated covers on them. I tie them down with ratchet straps in a semi permanent setup thru the hunting season.

Another feature thats handy is the crate gate swings from either side.

CAM00123_zpswwnkzac8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I purchased the Intermediate size for my 4yo GSP this past season and it's a great kennel! I will buy another for my pup soon. It killed me to spend that much on a kennel, but it's worth it for how I'm using it.

Lightweight, strong and should last for years

I got lucky. Was going to buy one at a time, when some guy on GunDog posted

that Cabela's had a sale or made a typo on their website, $109. So I snagged 2.

Talked to the Ruff Tuff guy at Pheasant fest that year and he said Cabelas had screwed up big time.

Whats the biggest dog you could get in the intermediate do you think? We're looking at getting 4 but I'd like them to be the same size so we can link them together.

I bought one right when they started making them for cheaper than they are listed now. Worth every penny from my perspective. Plus they're made here in SD and that for me was a great point as well to keep my dollars local. Don't think I would ever buy another kennel that clamps together like most other types do. For two reasons, safety and they fit into vehicles better.

I bought two for my GSP's this year... both in that 40-50lb range. I have a midsize SUV with limited space in the back and my previous cheapie boxes, just didn't let my pooches stretch out enough. I don't want something huge (for safety sake) but something with a tad more room. With the shape, these seem to have very little wasted interior space for the dogs. They seem made well and I would buy again after a season. I believe I paid in around $325ish shipped to my door for the two with a Cabelas promo or something last fall. No regrets here at this point...

Just checked... and I bought the intermediate size... best wishes!

I bought one from Cabela's last year when they had them all on sale for 20 or 25% off, got the intermediate as I have a small munsterlander, so far so good. The only thing i didn't like was that they charge you an extra $20 or so for handles. I understand some people will never need them, but at the price of the kennel I feel like handles should have been included.

I have the medium and the intermediate crate for my 42# Springer; he's not as happy in the medium (but the size works best with the Impala) as in the intermediate with a door on each end but has fit well for several cross state trips using the medium. the crates have survived 4 years of hard use: camping, hunting, ice fishing, numerous trips. I would replace if I had too, but so far it's been a great product.

I just picked up an intermediate for our lab Remi. I like the one piece construction and the gate too. I cant see us not being happy with it. Right now shes just getting used to it(she did immediately but letting her get real comfy first) and after some time goes by we will start throwing it in the back of the truck for her to use.

I also picked up the mud river insulated cover. Im liking that too and am sure it will be a major benefit for us when the cold hits

Back