Rod testing in the store isle is important.

I had a friend that would bend those Ugly Sticks backwards until the tip touched the handle. He broke several doing it. Thankfully it was after he bought them but he would demand a replacement each time.

What people see on TV, they think they can do to the product after they buy it.

Years ago, they had a Ford commercial that showed a Ford 4x4 with a dodge side ways across the box and pulling a Chevrolet well climbing a big pile of cement blocks. I always could see this same guy doing this as well...LOL

How True! Some people will test the limits just because they see an ad. I liked the ugly stick ad. where the wife put it in the dish washer and the dog was chomping on it. :)

Just making sure they were not false advertising!!!!!:thumbsup: Had a buddy test drive a used truck in college. Well , he rolled it out in the prairie. Got it flipped over and drove it back and told them he wasn't interested because it was wrecked!!!! Some people!!!:D:D

How True! Some people will test the limits just because they see an ad. I liked the ugly stick ad. where the wife put it in the dish washer and the dog was chomping on it. :)

I can say that they make an extremely durable fishing rod. I don't like them for anything but catfishing, because they are so heavy and floppy, but they are very, very durable.:thumbsup: I am borderline abusive to my catfishing tackle, and the only thing I can break on an Ugly Stick is the guides...

Yep nice tip---but that only scratched the surface. I use to make custom fishing rods and most people don't have any idea of all the factors that go into making a really great fishing rod. For the average person it really does not make a difference--sort of like average shotguns and really fine classic doubles---nice if you can afford them. :D

That's a good comparison of the shotguns and fishing rods. When you get a setup that casts right where you are looking without even thinking about it, it's a real treasure.

I have a couple fishing rods, that if anything ever happens to them, I will cry real tears... :eek:

That's how I feel about those old fiberglass yellow eagle claws... Damn near indestructible but so heavy whippy they really aren't fun to fish with.

I must say I have never broke a ugly stick though.

All I look at anymore is price tag and it better be cheap:) I can manage to break the all:D
Went with a buddy to test drive a Suv salesman said it was a real babe magnet:thumbsup: Buddy put it in 4wd and drove up and down the beach asking women if it was a real babe magnet. Salemen would not stop whining so we kicked him out:D Think he got fired. We got yelled at:)

That's how I feel about those old fiberglass yellow eagle claws... Damn near indestructible but so heavy whippy they really aren't fun to fish with.

I must say I have never broke a ugly stick though.

I broke the real seat on an Ugly Stick, not the rod and I still have it today as my "wing-on-a-string" rod.

For me it's a question of having the right tool for the job. Fiberglass makes a great crank bait rod but a graphite rod would be better for worm fishing for instance.

Back