Roadsite Count

I haven't heard how they went. Based on what I have seen and heard personally this spring and summer my guess is the numbers will be up a good bit.

It is out and it looks very nice!!

Glad to see them on the rebound.

One interesting note: With the amount of habitat that Iowa has (mainly CRP) a rooster harvest of 800,000 should be the normal. This years harvest is estimated to be between 300,000 to 500,000. One more good winter spring should get Iowa back to the normal.

500,000 rooster is where Illinois was back in 1995. I hope to God they don't go down the same road we did! Glad to hear they've had a bump in numbers out there:thumbsup:

Nick

bird counts

Boy, the NW and Central look really promising according to the DNR's survey. I may have to drive farther (east central not so great)...

Getting Birdy

Stoked after I saw the roadside survey and saw increases of 50+% in areas that had lots of birds last year. Some of last years hens have to turn into this years Cocks and really turn into some great hunting. Makes the thought of the 1500 mile trip worthwhile to get into that sort of hunting:D

Back