Roadside survey results

Bob Peters

I did a little cruise saturday evening in SC MN. I saw three roosters and three hens, one had a good sized brood, the babies were about twice the size of ping pong balls. My favorite was a rooster crossing the road, I slowed way down and stopped. He flew off with an angry cackle! That's when his two girlfriends flushed out of the ditch and followed him a short distance to some juicy cover. I always love getting out in the boonies and seeing the wildlife.

Talking to some of my relatives that farm in some different locations around the area near where we hunt in SW MN, they said they have been seeing a good number of birds and that they all think it should be a very good year. My cousin texted me the other day with a quick report and said "It's looking good for the season!" Can't wait

Man I sure hope that we don't continue to get this intolerable heat into October. 90's on Labor Day weekend? Barf

A few years ago now ... it was just the 2nd or 3rd weekend of MN pheasant season and much of W and SW MN was covered with a foot of snow. Most of which blew into the grasslands and cattails.

A few years ago now ... it was just the 2nd or 3rd weekend of MN pheasant season and much of W and SW MN was covered with a foot of snow. Most of which blew into the grasslands and cattails.
I remember that. It all melted a week later. But it flattened most of the grass for the entire season.

Back