Rio Bismuth

Deuce

Anyone using them? I see a bunch of threads from spring or last winter about them, but no field reports. If you are, or have, I'd like to hear your opinions.

I purchased a box of 5's for my 28ga to shoot this weekend, I wish I had got a box of 7.5's also but didn't. I'll let let you know how they do.

My dad really enjoys them. He said its as close to lead as he has been able to find in a non tox. He has a case on back order till late December from cabelas right now.

It just fine it works but pricey.:thumbsup:

Cheaper than nice shot and tungsten matrix though, which is what has me looking at them. Just bought 3 boxes for a trip to IA and MN. I'm interested in others reports and I'll post how I think they do in my BL4.

My other option is steel out of my 870, which is rather weighty in comparison.

I don't use factory stuff, but have hand loaded a pile of Bismuth in my vintage doubles as well as the 28 gauges for myself and friends as well.
Bismuth works great for ducks and geese, so I guess where it is needed for upland hunting it will do just as well.:)
DHT

biz

I started using the stuff when it first came out, never had any problem with it and if it flies, I have probably shot it, I think the shattering from the pellets was cured quite a long time ago, I mostly used the #6 shot for everything, it has gotten quite expensive but then sometimes ya gotta use something. I have used it in my 20, 28 and 14 ga. no problem

cheers

Its not a huge sample size but I killed both of the roosters I shot at this weekend. Three shells for two birds, not bad for a little 28.:cheers:

Its not a huge sample size but I killed both of the roosters I shot at this weekend. Three shells for two birds, not bad for a little 28.:cheers:

were they moving????? boy do we have winter on the way, gonna hunt tomorrow at 15 deg. wind and a pinch of snow, haven't talked to the dogs yet about it though

cheers

fine the bird your toast.

Why do they keep bombarding us with hevishot? Thats at least the 5th one thats been banned here that I can remember, give it a rest already guys.:mad:

The Rio bismuth continues to do the job.

20141112_110924_zpscc39a53b.jpg

That's the truth lol.:cheers:

Put it to work yesterday for the first time. They did their job if I did mine. #5's do look almost the size of 6s. Might have to invest in some 2s and 3s for ducks.

Back