Remi - Leaps and Bounds

outdoorslife89

Well, we have been making some good progress so far. I continue to learn, she continues to show that shes "got it"! It has been a lot of time and patience invested as it will continue but Id have it no other way. I love every second. Like my intro post, she deserves the opportunity!

This past weekend was a great one for Remi...

We started playing hide-a-wing a couple weeks ago at home. Then just recently, the hideawing/huntemup game got transitioned to outside. Wings were hid in fields both visible and not visible as well as a tad inside a hedgerow. She found it every time. We took that and introduced her to live birds. She did AWESOME! Shes got it, no doubt. After a quick intro that showed she wants the quail and was not afraid by any means, we planted some birds and she didnt miss a single one! Also, while on her check cord of course, she retrieved them! We are not enforcing that on her but hey, Im not complaining if that's what she wants to do, haha. The most surprising part for me was how soft mouthed she was with them once she had the birds under control. I thought shed be a hard mouthed pup by some signs she showed at home but currently she is not. I know things change like the wind but I hope that stays. I am NOT working on steady yet as I want and will continue the fun which is what its all about. Its still early. Go get that bird girl!

She is coming along and listening better(basically the "no and down" stuff at home) and doing better with our daughter. Not perfect but she is doing better(so are we with how we handle it). That is a challenge we knew presented itself when we brought Remi home to an almost 2 year old toddle. She is in the middle of her puppy biting stage and I have the utmost confidence it will pass. Now, for her come, sit, kennel, down and huntemup commands...she picked those up realllly quick with no setbacks.

This weekend we moved forward in leaps and bounds and I couldn't be more proud!

Back