Ready to hunt

Bosco

How is everyone doing? I am a military guy so I am not native to KS and would like some advice on places to go if possible. I have been trying to get permision to hunt some private land but being stationed at McConnell makes that a problem do to the amount of people. It seems like the land owners around here are tired of getting asked which is understandable. I would appreciate any input.

Kansas has a lot of WIHA areas. You can get a ton of info from Kansas Wildlife and Parks Dept. It may easier to get permission later in the season and in more rural areas. Do your homework and hopefully you have a dog and you will do fine. Good Luck and thank you for serving.

Hey Bosco, first of all, Thank You for serving! I am headed to Ks as well, not a tradition though, have been there before, many yrs. ago and hunted private land. Will have to hunt walk in this year and still excited about going. I went to the wildlife site and requested info and took about 1 wk to recieve. Walk in atlas included! Good luck and looking forward to hearing about your results!:cheers:

Military

As a fellow Soldier myself originally from Kansas the Walk in Hunting areas were very productive. Before I joined in 01 I hunted alot of Walk in Hunting in the North Central and North East. If you plan on hunting any of those spots on opening day make sure you wear plenty of orange. It will probably be a zoo. I usually try to wait till later in the season to hit WIH areas, If you wait though make sure you have some #5s or #4s because by that time the birds have become smarter. As far as getting private land, just keep asking, you'll find a spot.:thumbsup:

Back