Rainy Day Shotgun Under $500?

Corncob forend and solid rib for me!
I hope we're not hijacking the post to much bragging on the 37's. I might have posted this before but, When I started hunting turkeys, I needed a full choke 12, so the hunt for a 37. I there was a pawn shop ran by a crafty old lady I frequented and there it was. She said it belonged to a judge who had a place made in his desk to keep it. It was flawless. I painted it and killed many, many turkeys with it and won some meat at board shoots. I knew it was an older one but never checked the serial for 20 years. # 722!! Now I don't know how I would ever get the paint off without damaging the original finish.

I hope we're not hijacking the post to much bragging on the 37's. I might have posted this before but, When I started hunting turkeys, I needed a full choke 12, so the hunt for a 37. I there was a pawn shop ran by a crafty old lady I frequented and there it was. She said it belonged to a judge who had a place made in his desk to keep it. It was flawless. I painted it and killed many, many turkeys with it and won some meat at board shoots. I knew it was an older one but never checked the serial for 20 years. # 722!! Now I don't know how I would ever get the paint off without damaging the original finish.
You won't. But then you could refinish it and have a great looking gun.

Any suggestions for a cheap shotgun to take out on the handful of rainy days that happen on my days off that I don't want to stay home? 12 or 20 doesn't matter.
I have a Webley & Scott 712 made by Fausti. I bought it "new old stock unfired" allegedly. It came with a sticking trigger after the first shot and a sticking right side ejector. The solder under the rib fell out resulting in a loose rid. Its now my rainy day gun.

Back