Rain is coming! I think.

remy3424

Looks like we will get some rain today, it will really have to dance to miss us at this point. Might be a bit to late for the corn, but the beans will benefit if we do actually get a nice shot.
Screenshot_20220815-065412_Storm Team 4 1.jpg

I'll say a little prayer for you guys. We have been blessed this year and I forget that other areas are really hurting for moisture. Hope you get a good soaker!

Looks like we will get some rain today, it will really have to dance to miss us at this point. Might be a bit to late for the corn, but the beans will benefit if we do actually get a nice shot.
Looks like it might be fairly widespread too. Sprinkling a bit in Sioux Falls now. At this point we're OK up here, but a little bit more would be welcome I think, whether it's timely enough to help the crops or not. It'd be nice to go into winter with the soil/sloughs/etc a little fuller, rather than bone ass dry.
Capture.JPG

At this point we're OK up here, but a little bit more would be welcome
We'll take it to the north too! We've received about 3 inches of rain now in the past 10 days and things have greened back up, but we're still about 6 inches behind since June 1.

That red area in the drought monitor has been stretching back into NE a bit further the last few weeks. The weather guys say it might rain (90-95% chance) until 4:00, I doubt that looking at the radar, but I real hope they are right this time. I had to check the gauge...almost 2 tenths, I hope that doesn't make it stop! Saturday our little town had its annual celebration, great weather, cool & cloudy, the joke of the day was that the only thing that could have made it better was 2" of rain!

It was light to moderate rain pretty much all day yesterday here, this morning we have a touch over 1.8"! Temps in the 80s this week, the beans should benefit as will every living thing here! Lawns will need to get mowed again in a couple weeks I am guessing. The weeds will be germinating in the powder of my garden, but that is OK, it is really churning out things now, have been watering (just the plants) every week this year, it began shortly after it was planted. A very nice rain for sure! :giggle:

It was light to moderate rain pretty much all day yesterday here, this morning we have a touch over 1.8"! Temps in the 80s this week, the beans should benefit as will every living thing here! Lawns will need to get mowed again in a couple weeks I am guessing. The weeds will be germinating in the powder of my garden, but that is OK, it is really churning out things now, have been watering (just the plants) every week this year, it began shortly after it was planted. A very nice rain for sure! :giggle:
I bought a new mower last Spring for my half acre lot. I have 5.3 hours on it.

Back