Rain? has anybody seen anything like it?

watermen

I'm 54, I remember roads disappearing that were there as long as anybody could remember. I remember flooded farmsteads 100 years old under 10 ft of water in the Dakotas. There was a cattail slough south of white lake that became a deep lake with ducks on it instead of pheasants. This seems worse than 93-97 time frame in some ways. Is my memory off or is it really that bad? I was never in the midwest in the summer just fall during that time frame, so I don't remember the water itself falling. Some of you really old timers should remember. Just curious.

I'm 54, I remember roads disappearing that were there as long as anybody could remember. I remember flooded farmsteads 100 years old under 10 ft of water in the Dakotas. There was a cattail slough south of white lake that became a deep lake with ducks on it instead of pheasants. This seems worse than 93-97 time frame in some ways. Is my memory off or is it really that bad? I was never in the midwest in the summer just fall during that time frame, so I don't remember the water itself falling. Some of you really old timers should remember. Just curious.

less than 2 years ago we were saying the same thing about the 5 years of drought in Kansas.

Back