Quick Question

smizell

Hey guys I have a chance for a free place to stay in Wayne county, basically south central Iowa. They don't have any private land to hunt, so it'd be all public. My question is would it be worth it in that part of the state to take them up on the offer. The non res tag is $125 the drive is no big deal for me, I just don't want to waste the money for no birds.

Whenever I find myself asking these kinds of questions, i usually turn to my dog and ask her. I say "Hey Grace, do you want to go hunting here? we may not get any birds, so I don't want to waste your time, but do you still want to try?" She always answers the same way..."when do we leave?"

My point is if I had that oppurtunity i would hop all over it and give it a try. You never know what you might get into or the places you may find for future hunts.

There are birds in Wayne county and the surrounding counties as well. Plus, you may very well run into some quail there too. Go and have fun! Enjoy the trip to our great state and the hospitality of our great neighbors!

You will find it is pretty easy to get access to private if you can find the landowner, depending on the time of year. I have only been turned down for family coming in to hunt over turkey day.

Back