Public Land/Walk In guide for South Dakota

Wolfchief

I purchased the excellent Iowa Sportsman's Atlas last year and found it informative and easy to use. I'd like to buy a similar atlas for South Dakota--a book- type, something showing the National Grasslands, walk-in areas, sstae owned public hunting areas, etc.-- not something online. Where can I find one?

I purchased the excellent Iowa Sportsman's Atlas last year and found it informative and easy to use. I'd like to buy a similar atlas for South Dakota--a book- type, something showing the National Grasslands, walk-in areas, sstae owned public hunting areas, etc.-- not something online. Where can I find one?
They issue the Public Hunting Atlas every year in early fall. At least they did through 2021 (the latest one I found in the truck). It's typically available where licenses are sold, for free. Assuming they still print it, I'm sure you could request 1 or 2 from the GF&P, Board of Tourism, or someplace, & receive it in the mail. I believe several people on here request an annual "South Dakota Packet" (or something like that) & that in the past it's always included the Atlas.

I think you can sign up on the sdgfp website. I get a packet in the mail each year, I think it's free. It's been a while since I signed up, but I get it every year without requesting. It may even come because I purchased a license.

Back