Public Land Hunts

Now that the season is over, I am wondering how everyone did overall. 2014 was the low point for me the past decade and it has gotten better every season since then. I went 9 times this season and harvested 29 roosters. I never went until after deer season was over because there was simply too much corn.

I went 9 times this season and harvested 29 roosters.

Hopefully those are more than just one man numbers....

All in all, it was probably the most successful public land year I've had in my 6 years as a Minnesota hunter. I never made it out to any of the hotspot parts of the state and simply hunted close to home for quick hunts about once a week. I believe I had 2 hunts with a 2 bird limit, one December hunt with a 3 bird limit, most other hunts resulted in 1 bird, only a couple hunts with no birds. For the area and the amount of time I was able to spend out on each hunt, I would consider it a success.

New to the group. Thanks for having me. Over all we had a good year. I would sum it up with consistent. Me and the pup hunted 9 days in SD and roughly 35 in mn and ended the year with 81. He is a 3 yr old black lab and pretty much has it figured out ;)

"Hopefully those are more than just one man numbers...."

Yes, I hunt with one other hunter or by myself. About half and half.

Good work 20SUPER90, keep that pup at it and cherish your time afield with your 4 legged hunting buddy :cheers:

Last edited:
Back