Procrastination

I have waited till the week of to decide where to go for the opener. I am debating between a couple regions NC and Central. I know it sounds like a typical JOCO Hunter solution but with my limited time available it what I can do. Has anyone else procrastinated like me? It's easy to do when you're a solo Hunter.

im going ne ks

I'm taking my 7 yr old little girl. We will be heading NE around Seneca walking some WIHA . Seen some quail while driving to them last year. Hopefully see them again. She has been asking me for the past week is we are going. I told her mostly for couple hours. I don't know if my wife and our other little daughter will be going yet. I have told her we might not see anything but it's a start just to take her out and walk.

I have an idea where I'm gonna go but it all may change when I open the truck door Saturday morning.

I waited til a bit late trying to line up other hunters I sometimes hunt with but some arent going so I found a hotel room in concordia as I was trying to stay away from the bigger towns with many hunters like russel, colby, norton. Might check super 8 in concordia for a room if you are trying to stay overnight somewhere.

Campbell - I wish my 12 yo had the desire to go for a walk and kick up some birds but just not her thing. I hope you all have a blast and are able to find a few birds. It's special to spend time with the kids regardless the outcome.

Radar- thanks for the suggestion, was looking that direction but wasn't sure if it was far enough away to have some space. I know it will be crowded just trying to not have to fight for fields. Do you hunt that area often?

I honestly havent hunted right there for a few years, and have been hunting way out west in the high plains close to colo. state line but that area has been hit real bad by drought and cattle grazing all the big grassy draws we hunted. Farmer friends out there say they dont see 10 pheasants in a day combining milo. I just have a cousin and his boy hunting. So 3 hunters. My boys only 10 and not hunting yet , just walking More than welcome to give me a shout and join in in you dont have huge expectations.

Back