Private Hunt

giddy_up

Long shot, but my annual hunting trip is going to be in the Morris area. The group (8) only wants to hunt private land. Does anyone have recommendations for the area? We are happy to pay for guide services as well.

There is a private club that operates south of Morris. There are at least 3 Guide/Outfitters operation around or near LQP. Simple google searches will pin then down pretty quickly. All of these are focused primarily on waterfowl.

I can't imagine any guides making a living guiding pheasant hunting around Morris.

There is a private club that operates south of Morris. There are at least 3 Guide/Outfitters operation around or near LQP. Simple google searches will pin then down pretty quickly. All of these are focused primarily on waterfowl.

I can't imagine any guides making a living guiding pheasant hunting around Morris.
I imagine any place around there would be put and take/game farm joints. Morris is getting a little bit out of the core pheasant range. At least for a good quality hunt.

Thanks I appreciate the info.

I imagine any place around there would be put and take/game farm joints. Morris is getting a little bit out of the core pheasant range. At least for a good quality hunt.
If there is a spot you’d recommend farther SW I’d love the recommendation. We’ve hunt in Canby and Pipestone in the past.

SW Minnesota had extreme rains during peak of hatch.
I don't think he's looking to hunt wild birds. His initial post asked for guides and private land. That would mean flare nares or pseudo roosters. Flooding during the peak hatch has nothing to do with hunting pen raised birds with a guide on a ranch. They're planted from a barn into the field 30 minutes before you show up.

If there is a spot you’d recommend farther SW I’d love the recommendation. We’ve hunt in Canby and Pipestone in the past.
Without completely hot spotting the areas I hunt, I've been hunting between south of Lac qui Parle and Worthington for a long time and have always done well. I hunt purely public land, so I don't have any private land recommendations however. That's a rather large area of course, but I've hunted within that range, staying at and focusing on various places within that area for 20 years and have normally left a trip happy.

I honestly think if you're going pheasant hunting with a "guide" anywhere there's a 95% chance your doing a canned hunt with birds from an incubator. This includes the dakotas. I suppose the best way to do it, if you want to hunt real pheasants, that were hatched by mama hen out in the wild, is find a guy with great habitat and ask to pay a trespass fee.

I honestly think if you're going pheasant hunting with a "guide" anywhere there's a 95% chance your doing a canned hunt with birds from an incubator. This includes the dakotas. I suppose the best way to do it, if you want to hunt real pheasants, that were hatched by mama hen out in the wild, is find a guy with great habitat and ask to pay a trespass fee.
Visit with South Dakota Wild.

Back