PrairieChickens.

Nasty-G

I have on my bucket list bagging a Prairie Chicken. My folks always talked about how much fun they were to hunt in the early 40's in central WI. . None left around here, but wondering if some might be found in South Dakota ?

I've not seen any on the far west end of the state. Seems like strictly sharpies out here. Have found chickens closer to Pierre in the past.

I've been wanting to spend some time chasing chickens but haven't ever taken the time; I'm always to focused on ringtails.
Any suggestions on looking for areas to hit?

We're all entitled to a little brain flatulence from time to time.

Game and Fish reports that the lemur outlook remains very good. So good, in fact, that they're bumping the daily limit to five. Tastes like chicken. (Couldn't resist.......)

I have on my bucket list bagging a Prairie Chicken. My folks always talked about how much fun they were to hunt in the early 40's in central WI. . None left around here, but wondering if some might be found in South Dakota ?
I have hunted prairie chickens in SD for 15 years. I hunt some private and public lands around Pierre. Hope you like LOTS of walking, and I mean many miles a day. But I would rather that than work......

Back