Power plant land

MAJTSHR06

Does anyone know of a power plant in SD that is supposto have some land open to hunting that is supposto have decent phesant hunting. a friend of mine read about it but of course forgot the name of it or where it is located at. any help would be apprecitated. Thanks

I believe it is Big Stone power plant it is on map section 10 of the South Dakota Hunting Atlas it is in the the north east part of the state. Here is a piece of an article that Pheasants Forever did on it "As a way to give back to their community, the Big Stone Power Plant enrolled 1,100 acres of surrounding land into South Dakota's Walk In Area program to open it to public hunting."

Hope that helps

I believe it is Big Stone power plant it is on map section 10 of the South Dakota Hunting Atlas it is in the the north east part of the state. Here is a piece of an article that Pheasants Forever did on it "As a way to give back to their community, the Big Stone Power Plant enrolled 1,100 acres of surrounding land into South Dakota's Walk In Area program to open it to public hunting."

Hope that helps

That is correct, it is Big Stone power plant. Pheasants Forever did a piece about it on one of their T.V. shows a couple of yrs. ago.

Back