Poudre River Gundogs

Molly

great picture Pat, how old is the pup? did the breeder have a definite philosophy as to Pick up date. I did send a dep. this week for a pup out of Minnesota. It will be fun for all of your family! have a great time...

might be a 2016 due to my older dog the 13 year old seems to be doing good still, what scares me my 3 legged dog is now 7 years old!

She is 8 weeks old, he seemed to think a pick-up date close to that mark was good. He has a video series on the pointing retriever, remind me when you get your dog and I'll send them to you, so far it seems really good, I am also going to see what Julie Knutson's Book has to say. Are you going to get a male or female?

Good looking pup!!! I know there is a member on here that knows more on Poudre River. I have chatted over the phone and have had no bad experiences nor have I heard of any. I think he trains other breeds as well as labs and was in my top 3 that I researched a while back. Good luck and keep us up to date on her progress!:10sign:

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments everyone, my dog is very bold for such a youngster, she is unwilling to step aside from my other dog who was very strong willed as a pup as well. Today she climbed up the porch stairs which I thought was impressive. My daughter claims she is going to be a vet and was practicing ear exams on the dogs, a common problem in labs, like I said I'll have my hands full with these little ladies for the upcoming years until my daughter becomes a nun!

Doctor_zpsc24b524d.png

Anybody have any experience with a dog from this breeder. I am buying one from there and was wondering if anybody had any positive feedback.
My husband and I are buying a pointing yellow lab from Poudre River Gundogs. Can you share anything about your experience with your dog that can help us? Really just making sure they are credible.

My husband and I are buying a pointing yellow lab from Poudre River Gundogs. Can you share anything about your experience with your dog that can help us? Really just making sure they are credible.

Gary Buys of Poudre River Gundogs has been around a long time and is very credible. I previously bought a dog from him that was a great hunter and family pet. You will be fine-

Gary Buys of Poudre River Gundogs has been around a long time and is very credible. I previously bought a dog from him that was a great hunter and family pet. You will be fine-
That’s great to hear! My husband is driving out next week to Poudre River Gundogs in Colorado from California to pick up our new pup. Thanks for the feedback.

Back