Pointing Lab Sources ?

Brad6260

As my older dog reaches 10 years I am starting to look for a female yellow pointing lab puppy to introduce into the family. My other dog is a terrific 3 year old male Pointing Lab. Unfortunately there are no litters upcoming from my males kennel or siblings and I do not want to breed him so the search begins.

My real question is if I have missed any good sources to find my next "best friend" ?

I am watching daily:
a) APLA classifieds
b) The Puppy classified section here.
c) Gun Dogs Online.
d) Gun Dog Central
e) Gun Dog Breeders

Having owned labs for many years I have found the "best" dogs for me are simply a product of their environment more than a fancy pedigree full of test achievements and such. Give me a dog from proven pointing lab parents that see a lot of field work and birds and desire and instinct do the rest. Not that I dispute the benefits of plain old good breeding.

That said I welcome any suggestions of places to look for my new next best friend.

Thanks.

That's a good point.
I am in Ky and am fine driving anywhere in the midwest or up to South Dakota if need be. I'm in Kansas fairly often.

Thanks.

TDK pointing labs, Leroy robinson around Canistota SD, www.tdkpointingslabs.com he has some great dogs, and he has a few litters on the way and may even have some pups on the ground now. He does alot of guiding so his dogs get alot of field work and do a great job.

Last edited:
Back