Platte

jodg_77

Hey guys,

Coming to SD this week to pheasant hunt around Platte. 2 guys, 1 dog. Looking to hunt all public land. Do you have any recommendations or suggestions on areas that we should focus on? Not looking for "your" spot, just some recommendations or opinions. Obviously, we will be spending quite a bit of time around the river..Any specific areas you would recommend we focus?

Anybody been to this area recently? Many birds?

Anyone had any success around this area scoring private land by knocking on doors?

Thanks for any sight. I will definately post results.

Try Koss WPA north of Platte on Hwy 45. Approx 1,000 acres. Havn't been there in a few years, but used to be great.

We hunted Platte last year and did alright on public. Got permission on one farm, but turned down a couple of times due to family hunting.

Got after some birds on public but had to do lots of strategy work to pin them down.

Good luck

Sorry I didn't find this site before you came to SD. By all means knock on some doors, you will get turned down a lot but some of us let people hunt. I have great cover lots of birds and have had 1 yes thats only one person stop and ask. Oh ya I like my hunters to be current members of TWO conservation groups like PF , DU , Rocky MT Elk ----buy the way the one guy and his two young son's that did ask--his youngest boy killed his first rooster about 50 yards behind the main house.

Back