Pierre area?

Phurkey

Heading to Pierre in a couple of weeks. Heard one of the few areas where there was an actual increase in pheasants this year. Always hunted around Watertown and Mitchell, and heard both areas were down this year.

Never been to Pierre, so we were wondering whether it has a lot of public hunting areas. Looks like a lot around rivers/lakes.

Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated!

Heading to Pierre in a couple of weeks. Heard one of the few areas where there was an actual increase in pheasants this year. Always hunted around Watertown and Mitchell, and heard both areas were down this year.

Never been to Pierre, so we were wondering whether it has a lot of public hunting areas. Looks like a lot around rivers/lakes.

Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated!

oh yah.. took my dog for a test run as she is now 4 months old to see how she does on a starter pistol and pointing.. even today there were several hunters near the Peroia flat shooting off guns at 10am this morning. so i knew there were pheasants. my dog found one but again i wasnt hunting and it was a hen. she was excited to see her FIRST pheasant.

there are lots of GF&P WIAs here. if you can, get a hold of a hunting atlas and it will show you all the spots to hunt. DakotaMart has these books and look up Hughes County as im sure there are lots of places to get one even in Sioux Falls, SD depending on where youre driving through to get to Pierre.

Back