Piece on O'Reilly Factor says wildlife in this country is taking over

retrvrman

I have deleted what I initially wrote because while I like sensible debate, I do not appreciate being attacked. Your opinions and thoughts are respected, just wish the feeling was mutual.

It was my bad bringing up a topic like that. Those who know me on this forum and who have met me know where I am coming from.

Greg

Last edited:
I call BS. To use Oreilly's term, hes a pompous windbag and great self promoter.

I dont fancy myself a democrat, and used to call myself a republican. I probably lean more towards Libertarian than anything but try to use common sense as my guide which quite frankly none of the parties do.

To say there is too much wildlife now? We have destroyed the majority of their habitat and the balance that had been in place in N America for eons. Where are the animals supposed to go?

I call BS. To use Oreilly's term, hes a pompous windbag and great self promoter.

I dont fancy myself a democrat, and used to call myself a republican. I probably lean more towards Libertarian than anything but try to use common sense as my guide which quite frankly none of the parties do.

To say there is too much wildlife now? We have destroyed the majority of their habitat and the balance that had been in place in N America for eons. Where are the animals supposed to go?

Ditto. Oh wait a minute wrong windbag:D. The reason the geese crap all over suburbia is because every housing edition, mall or office building decided they wanted a lake out front. That really has little to do with liberals or anything else for that matter. When I hear of someone attacked by a mountain lion, in the mountains by the way, I am like duhhh, if you build a house in the mountains THERE ARE MOUNTAIN LIONS. But many people's answer is just to kill them all, Or shoot, shovel and shut up ( my personal favorite) I am sure this thread will last about as long as coot's rise to the top of the football picks, but we will see.

Ditto. Oh wait a minute wrong windbag:D. The reason the geese crap all over suburbia is because every housing edition, mall or office building decided they wanted a lake out front. That really has little to do with liberals or anything else for that matter. When I hear of someone attacked by a mountain lion, in the mountains by the way, I am like duhhh, if you build a house in the mountains THERE ARE MOUNTAIN LIONS. But many people's answer is just to kill them all, Or shoot, shovel and shut up ( my personal favorite) I am sure this thread will last about as long as coot's rise to the top of the football picks, but we will see.

I am not saying it is totally liberals/dems fault. The point I was trying to make is that some of the crazy bunny huggers out there have had some impact on how animals are hunted/harvested in this country.

Can neither of you agree with me on that? What about not allowing spring black bear hunting in Colorado??:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: That was the doing of the Colorado legislature and the influence of those wacko bunny huggers who the vast majority end up being liberals.

Yes, human and urban sprawl is to blame as well. I do not want to get into a pissing match here. So I will end it with saying that if we as the average Joe hunters and sportsman just become apathetic then there will not be anything to hunt or we won't be allowed, only the rich, aristocrats like over in Europe wil be able to afford too.

Greg

Honestly i have now idea how you put up with some of that crap in colorado. I certainly didn't intend to attack you. I think my problem is that I tend to gravitate towards the middle, which tends to piss off both of the ends. I keep telling myself that I am not going to get involved in threads like this, but I guess I have a weak constitution.:)

I do appreciate that. Believe you me, I would move back to my home state of Texas if I could, however I have a son in high school and I had retired from active duty here a few years ago.

It is no big deal, I just learned a long time ago before forums like this one and others were all the rage that while I like honest, good debate I recognize when things may start to snow ball and get out of hand.

I was merely trying to get folks ideas from both sides is all. I figure I would end it though before it got out of hand and veered away from the point of what I was trying to say.

I have my views and convictions and I believe what I believe. That doesn't make me right or wrong, it just makes me, me. I try to respect other folks opinions and views, while still holding true to my own.

I am not saying it is totally liberals/dems fault. The point I was trying to make is that some of the crazy bunny huggers out there have had some impact on how animals are hunted/harvested in this country.

Can neither of you agree with me on that? What about not allowing spring black bear hunting in Colorado??:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: That was the doing of the Colorado legislature and the influence of those wacko bunny huggers who the vast majority end up being liberals.

Yes, human and urban sprawl is to blame as well. I do not want to get into a pissing match here. So I will end it with saying that if we as the average Joe hunters and sportsman just become apathetic then there will not be anything to hunt or we won't be allowed, only the rich, aristocrats like over in Europe wil be able to afford too.

Greg

Dont think I was personally attacking, just cant stand Oreilly and dont respect the guy much. Hes way too arrogant. As for the wildlife issue, Dont always think the answer is kill everything, but do agree we need some hunting in a managed manner. Im sure all of us agree on that.

As for the rich only being able to hunt we are already heading that way. We have Texas and the Deep south to thank for that mind set, its infecting the midwest and where I live in a big way. Leasing hunting rights for antlers, turkeys and greed will only rise the barriers to entry into the sport and it will eventually fade away if there is no new hunter recruitment.

Anyways a slippery slope. But sir, I respect your opinion. Guess my hair stands up when Oreilly comes up.

Back