Picked up my first 16 gauge and sxs

Nice, still has some case colors. I don't have that one but a very similar fox mod. b. They are a little heavy but sturdy gun AND a piece of history! 28 inch barrels, mod and full?

I'm not sure it isn't stamped on the barrel. The gunsmith said it should be mod in full but he wasn't sure.

Last edited:
Welcome to the 16ga. club. I have never seen one of those. Wonder what she weighs. My foxes weigh 6 + pounds a piece.
Bathroom scale said 7lbs even. The only info on weight I could find said 6lbs 10oz . It definitely feels heavier than my 12gauge 828u after holding them side by side. It also carries the weight more toward the front end.

Yeah it might get a little heavy. If I think, I will be out of the truck for a few hours or more I might grab one of the other guns. I guess the truck will be hauling 12 16 and 20 gauge shells all season.

Last edited:
Did some pattering today. It's choked improved and modified even with today's ammo. ( Possibly skeet 1/skeet 2) I also took my 12 gauge Benelli along and shot the improved and mod, with similar loads to the 16 gauge to compare. Tried a few loads that I found at Cabela's and local store. Also noticed the Browning bdx ammo in 20 gauge I have is s made in USA. Browning ammo for the 16 gauge says made in France both loads.

I bought a FAIR Iside 16 ga last year and I love it. I’ve always liked 16 ga. I’m taking my 28 ga Franchi to South Dakota this year and I’ll probably take my 16 ga as my 2nd gun. I have a 20 ga SxS, but I just really love a 16 ga.

I bought a FAIR Iside 16 ga last year and I love it. I’ve always liked 16 ga. I’m taking my 28 ga Franchi to South Dakota this year and I’ll probably take my 16 ga as my 2nd gun. I have a 20 ga SxS, but I just really love a 16 ga.
16 would be a good choice if you're after pheasant. I have no experience with a 28 but would think the 16 would be better especially on windy days and wild flushing birds. I do like the double trigger on the SxS so far took it dove hunting and it was nice that I could choose which barrel to shoot so fast. Georgia grouse season opens the 15th hopefully kill one with it before I head to Michigan in a few weeks.

Back